Dr. Ahmed S. Khan is a Senior Professor in the College of Engineering and Information Sciences at DeVry University, Addison, Illinois. Dr. Khan has more than thirty years of experience in research, instruction, curricula design, development, evaluation, implementation and program accreditation, management and supervision.
Dr. Khan received an MSEE from Michigan Technological University, an MBA from Keller Graduate School of Management., and his Ph.D. from Colorado State University. His research interests are in the areas of Nanotechnology, Fiber Optic Communications, Faculty Development, Application of Telecommunications Technologies in Distance Education, and Social and Ethical Implications of Technology. He is the author of many educational papers and presentations. He has authored/coauthored the following books:
• Nanotechnology: Ethical and Social Implications (2012)
• Technology and Society: Issues for the 21st Century and Beyond 3E, (2008)
• The Telecommunications Fact Book and Illustrated Dictionary 2E (2006)
• Fiber Optic Communication: An Applied Approach, Prentice Hall, N.J.(2002)
• Technology and Society: A Bridge to the 21st Century (2002) • Technology and Society: Crossroads to the 21st Century (1996)
• Technology and Society: A Spectrum of Issues for the 21st Century (1994)
• The Telecommunications Fact Book and Illustrated Dictionary (1992)
Dr. Khan is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE), and a member of American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE), and has been listed in Who’s Who among America’s Teachers. Dr. Khan also serves as a program evaluator for the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Are you a researcher? Would you like to cite this paper? Visit the ASEE document repository at peer.asee.org for more tools and easy citations.